It’s not too late to register for the 2019 Yarmouth Gaffers Regatta, taking place between 30 May and 2 June at Yarmouth, Isle of Wight. It promises to be one of the biggest annual gatherings of gaff-rigged and traditional boats in the UK. There is the usual busy long weekend for the boats, with two races, as well as food, drink and live music; and the concurrent and locally organised Sea Songs and Shanties festival shoreside. The programme is:
Thursday, 31st May
• Passage Race. Make your passage to the event more fun (whichever day you arrive)
• Evening welcome drink at Yarmouth Sailing Club.
• BBQ in the grounds of the Royal Solent Yacht Club. Bring your own food.
Friday, 1st June
• Dutch Gaffel Race. Plot your own course round selected buoys in this time limited event.
• Buffet and music night at the Yarmouth Sailing Club. Music from 'The Dance Preachers'.
Saturday, 2nd June
• Solent Gaffers Race. Round the cans, organised by the Royal Solent Yacht Club.
• Cross the Green to the Sea Songs and Shanties festival.
• Prize giving & dinner at the Royal Solent Yacht Club
Sunday, 3rd June
• Royal Solent Queens Jubilee Race - Also open to Bermudan rigged boats.
Non-OGA members are welcome to join us, so long as they have a gaff, sprit or lug-rigged boat, so pass the word! To register, or just find out more, follow the link.